Wednesday 20 October 2010

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Sorry about the distasteful title, every time  I hear about the Chilean Miners, I think of the Dionne Warwick song. In all seriousness being trapped underground for two months is not easy (understatement), the enormity of the 33 men and the experiences that they faced down there, will probably never truly be realised by any of us. The despair, confusion and extreme stress they must have faced I cannot even imagine. After watching a Panorama (BBC program) documentary I had a slight insight into one of the miners mental states. Edison, as coping mechanism took to running around underground to try and deal with being trapped underground.

I would love to know how these remarkable men will cope on the outside after such a harrowing ordeal.
Good luck to them for the future, and I hope they learn to live with their ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment